and Lower Zambezi Safari
10 Days in Zambia
We designed this active safari itinerary for intrepid travelers looking to get out into some of the wildest wildlife sanctuaries in Zambia. You'll explore the South Luangwa and Lower Zambezi National Parks with your expert naturalist guide in open 4x4 vehicles, by canoe and boat and on foot. The walking safari options in Zambia are exceptional and you'll have the opportunity to track resident leopards and elephants. There's even an option to sleep out under the stars in the wilderness just like the early African explorers!
Your adventure starts upriver from Victoria Falls where you'll stay in a riverside chalet on the banks of the Zambezi River. A short flight takes you over the Great Escarpment to the Lower Zambezi River valley that teems with wildlife and where you can paddle a canoe (with your guide) past hippo pods and crocodiles sunning themselves on the riverbank. In the South Luangwa, the highlight of the adventure is the walk between camps with your guide and ranger while your luggage gets shuttled ahead. Your senses will be heightened as you track wild dogs, buffalo, giraffe, elephant, and wildebeest. These are some of the most remote protected areas on the continent which is what makes them so very special. Guests have the option to upgrade to luxury accommodations in Livingstone and in Lower Zambezi. Walks are always by choice and a vehicle is always available should guests opt for a game drive instead.
|From $9,595 per person
|From $10,895 per person
Upgrade to Tongabezi and Sausage Tree from $1,400 additional per person Low Season, $2,900 additional per person High Season.
South Luangwa National Park
Lower Zambezi National Park
Walking Safari Between Camps
High (Best): June - October
Day 1 - Arrive Livingstone
Welcome to Zambia! Arrive Livingstone and transfer to your accommodation - Chundukwa or Tongabezi. If time allows, take a sundowner cruise up the Zambezi keeping an eye out for wildlife coming down to drink. Dinner is served under the stars before you retire to your river chalet set out over the Zambezi. Fall asleep to the gurgle of the mighty river flowing past.
- Day 2 - Victoria Falls
- Day 3 - Lower Zambezi National Park
- Days 4-5 - Lower Zambezi National Park
- Day 6 - South Luangwa National Park
- Day 7 - South Luangwa National Park
- Days 8-9 - South Luangwa National Park
- Day 10 - Departure
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Tongabezi (upgrade option)
Sausage Tree (upgrade option)
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Livingstone-Lower Zambezi-Mfuwe-Lusaka internal flights
- Shared transfers
- 9-nights accommodation
- Meals starting with Dinner Day 1 and ending with Breakfast Day 10
- Local brand drinks
- Shared game drives and walks
- All park fees, guide fees, government levies, conservation levies
- International airfare into Livingstone Zambia and out of Lusaka, Zambia
- Zambian visa (purchased on arrival)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Helicopter ride and any adrenaline activities at Vic Falls (inquire for details); sleepout in South Luangwa
- Premium wines and spirits
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplements apply for solo travelers - call for details. While the areas surrounding the camps in Lower Zambezi and South Luangwa are prime for safari on foot a 4x4 safari vehicle is available for game drives should guests wish to opt-out of any walks.
Luggage restrictions apply - see pre-departure info for details.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!