Wilds of Zimbabwe Safari
10 Days in Northern Zimbabwe
Explore the wilds of Zimbabwe on this active safari. Learn firsthand about the community conservation model in Hwange National Park where some 45,000 elephants roam, thanks to the guides and communities who have become stewards of this land and the wildlife. Widely regarded as the most highly trained professional safari guides in Africa, you’ll track elephants and buffalo on foot, and learn the family history of resident lions and cheetahs. The diverse habitat of grasslands and acacias supports abundant lion prides, leopards, cheetahs, wild dogs, and hyenas. Game drives are only part of your wildlife experience. Night drives are possible, you’ll ride the Elephant Express, a private railcar that traverses a corner of the park and have the opportunity to photograph elephants from just a few feet away in a hidden blind (complete with bar and toilet). In addition to some of the best game viewing in southern Africa, you will be welcomed as guests into local schools and homes, and even given the chance to chat with a village chief.
You can also join a “pump run” accompanying Hwange guides on their maintenance rounds of pumped waterholes that sustains wildlife in the dry season. Retire each day with sundowners at your own luxuriously furnished safari villa. This Zimbabwe safari concludes on the shore of the Zambezi River in the luxurious Victoria Falls River Lodge with a guided tour of Victoria Falls and sundowner boat cruise. Ask about convenient pre or post-safari add-ons from Vic Falls to Zambia, Botswana, or South Africa.
|Low Season||From $5,790 per person|
|Mid Season||From $7,190 per person|
|High Season||From $7,595 per person|
Hwange National Park
Look-Up Elephant Blind
Mid (Better): May and November
High (Best): June - October
Classic, Cultural, Active, Wild!
Day 1 - Arrive Victoria Falls and to Hwange NP
On arrival at Victoria Falls Airport, you’ll be warmly greeted by your safari guide before departing on your 4 hour road transfer to Camelthorn Lodge on the edge of Hwange National Park. This massive park was once part of a wildlife migration route connecting to the central wetlands of Botswana. From April to October, the dry season, there are impressive concentrations of game here. Elephants are the star of the show with massive thirsty herds that congregate at Hwange’s water holes. This extensive protected wildlife area supports large numbers of buffalo, lion, wild dog, cheetah, and plains game. The rare sable and roan antelope are often sighted and leopard sightings are also possible. You’ll be led by Zimbabwean professional naturalist guides – acknowledged as the best on the African continent.This afternoon you’ll visit the Look Up blind at Stoffie’s Pan. This below-ground shipping container allows you a toenail-level view of wildlife visiting the waterhole. You’ll have extremely close-up views of elephants and other game while enjoying sundowner cocktails and snacks. Night drive back to the lodge and enjoy dinner by the fire under the camp’s namesake Camelthorn tree. Overnight at Camelthorn Lodge.
- Day 2 - Hwange National Park
- Day 3 - Pump Run or Village Visit and Walking Safari
- Day 4 - Northern Hwange National Park
- Days 5-6 - Northern Hwange National Park
- Day 7 - Victoria Falls
- Day 8 - Victoria Falls
- Day 9 - Free Day on the Zambezi
- Day 10 - Departure
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Victoria Falls River Lodge
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Shared activities at camps and lodges
- Shared airport and camp transfers
- 9-nights accommodation
- Meals starting with Dinner Day 1 and ending with Breakfast Day 10
- Local brand drinks
- Shared game drives and walks, blind sits, sunset cruise at Vic Falls, Falls Tour
- All park fees, guide fees, government levies, conservation fees
- International airfare into and out of Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- Zimbabwe visa (acquired on arrival)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Helicopter tour, fishing, adrenaline activities at Vic Falls - inquire for details, mot activities need to be pre-arranged
- Premium wines and spirits
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplements apply for solo travelers - call for details. Child rates may be available call for details. The Elephant Express runs according to a schedule specified by the National Railways of Zimbabwe and may be subject to delays and cancellations beyond our control. School visits cannot take place during school holidays in April, August and December, but a visit to the village to experience local village life will still be offered. Pump run is only available during the dry season, from approx June – October.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!