Zimbabwe and Botswana Safari
13 Days in
Zimbabwe and Botswana
This active safari will take you through the very best parks and reserves of Zimbabwe and Botswana. Starting in Mana Pools, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is known for its natural beauty and as one of the continent’s premier game-viewing areas. Guests can experience a canoe safari which provides a unique and memorable way to experience the wilderness. Guided walks are also a great way to take in the pristine riverside forests and you might catch a glimpse of an elephant stretching to reach acacia pods.
Hwange is Zimbabwe's largest national park and home to a profusion of wildlife, including giraffe, lion, zebra and over 45,000 elephants. It provides a sanctuary for endangered species, including a population of wild dogs thought to be among the most sizeable surviving groups on the continent. The park’s magnificent terrain ranges from desert dunes, savannah and mopane woodlands to rocky outcrops and teak forests.
Fly to the Linyanti wetlands which lures wildlife in the dry season. Large herds of impala, blue wildebeest, giraffe and buffalo are often seen. Night drives allow for the discovery of nocturnal creatures such as civets, genets, honey badgers and spring hares.
Culminate your safari at the crown jewel of southern Africa, the Okavango Delta, a World Heritage Site and the largest inland delta in the world. The magnificent Okavango River sprawls out over the dry sands of the Kalahari Desert forming this flourishing waterlogged oasis featuring countless meandering waterways and crystal clear lagoons studded with water lilies, as well as fertile floodplains and reeded islands inhabited with abundant wildlife. The Okavango Delta stretches over 15000 square kilometers. Visitors can enjoy a number of wonderful activities such as game viewing, fishing, bird watching or taking an authentic guided mokoro excursion through this wetland paradise in a traditional dugout canoe. Commonly spotted animals include lions, rhino, leopards, giraffes, hippos, elephants, crocodiles and countless bird species.
|From $13,995 per person
|From $19,995 per person
Mana Pools National Park
Hwange National Park
High (Best): June - October
Luxurious, Active, Romantic
Day 1 - Harare to Mana Pools
Welcome to Zimbabwe! On arrival at Harare, you'll be met and escorted to your light aircraft for your connection to Mana Pools. On touchdown at the airstrip, set off on a game drive to camp. Situated in a large private concession in the heart of Mana Pools National Park, Ruckomechi overlooks the mighty Zambezi River. Local elephants frequently visit the camp in search of seeds from the ana trees.
- Days 2-3 - Mana Pools National Park
- Day 4 - Hwange National Park
- Days 5-6 - Hwange National Park
- Day 7 - Linyanti Wetlands
- Days 8-9 - Linyanti Wetlands
- Day 10 - Okavango Delta
- Days 11-12 - Okavango Delta
- Day 13 - Departure
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Little Makololo Camp
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Internal flights: Harare-Mana Pools-Hwange-VFA-Kasane-Linyanti-Vumbura-Maun
- Shared road transfers
- 12-nights accommodation
- Meals starting with Dinner Day 1 and ending with Breakfast Day 13
- Shared game drives, walks, boating activities
- Laundry and local drinks
- All park fees, government levies, guide fees, vehicle fees, conservation levies and departure taxes.
- International airfare into Harare, Zimbabwe and out of Maun, Botswana
- Zimbabwe visa (purchased on arrival)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Drinks and meals other than what is indicated as included
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplements apply for solo travelers - call for details.
Luggage restrictions apply - see pre-departure info for details.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!