Classic Tanzania Family Safari
10 Days in Northern Tanzania
We designed this safari specifically for families with something for everyone, children and adults alike. Explore the best parks and reserves of Northern Tanzania like Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, and the unending Serengeti savannah on this classic Tanzania safari.
Excellent wildlife viewing opportunities abound and after a day of game drives, you'll fall asleep each night under a star-filled African sky in remote tented camps and boutique safari lodges situated in prime wildlife habitat and along known migratory routes.
Cultural interactions are particular highlights as you are led on bush walks by Maasai warriors and encounter the nomadic Hadza bushmen and Datoga silversmiths at Lake Eyasi.
You will be guided by a professional English-speaking naturalist guide throughout in your private 4x4 equipped with window seats for each passenger and a "pop-top" hatch assuring unobstructed wildlife photography. Our guides are skilled at differentiating the experience for every member of the family so everyone stays engaged and learning throughout.
A flight from Serengeti back to Arusha minimizes what would normally be an 8-hour return drive.
Consider an upgrade to Kitela at Ngorongoro Crater or Under Canvas in the Serengeti for a more exclusive experience to finish your safari with a touch of luxury. Optional extensions include a spectacular balloon safari in the Serengeti or beach time on the exotic spice island of Zanzibar.
|2 adults||4 adults||Kids Under 12|
|Itinerary with Kati Kati||From $6,545|
per child sharing
Upgrade to Under Canvas for $550 per person.
Tarangire National Park
Hadza and Datoga interaction
Serengeti National Park
December - March
June - October
Classic, Family, Cultural
Day 1 - Arrive Arusha
Welcome to Tanzania! Your family will be met on arrival by your driver and transferred to your hotel.
- Days 2-3 - Tarangire National Park
- Day 4 - Mto Wambu and Lake Eyasi
- Day 5 - Lake Eyasi: Hadza and Datoga
- Day 6 - Ngorongoro Crater
- Days 7-9 - Serengeti National Park
- Day 10 - Departure
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Lake Duluti Lodge
Maramboi Tented Camp
Kisima Ngeda Tented Camp
Ngorongoro Farmhouse Lodge
Kati Kati Tented
Under Canvas (upgrade option)
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking hosts, managers and guides
- 9-nights accommodation as indicated
- Serengeti to Arusha internal flight
- Shared Road transfers between airstrips and lodging
- Meals starting with Breakfast Day 2 and ending with Lunch on Day 12
- Mineral water, soft drinks, beers and house wine for dinner while at Maramboi and Under canvas ONLY
- Mineral water while on game drives
- All guide fees, park fees, conservancy fees, government levies, conservation levies and local taxes
- International airfare into and out of Kilimanjaro-Arusha, Tanzania
- Tanzanian visa
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Any drinks not listed as included
- Laundry (available for a small fee)
All prices based on 2 adults and up to 2 children sharing a room and for a maximum of up to 6 guests. Persons aged 12 and up are priced as adults. Ages based on the date of travel. Luggage restrictions apply - see pre-departure info for details. Pricing based on current flight costs from Serengeti to Arusha and may vary.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!