Malaria Free South Africa
9 Days in South Africa
Specifically designed as a family-friendly safari, explore South Africa's cultural adventures in cosmopolitan Cape Town and incredible wildlife viewing in malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve. In Cape Town, sea kayak with penguins, explore the Cape Peninsula with a naturalist guide and head to the winelands for adult and kid-friendly activities.
On safari, explore the wildlife-rich Madikwe Game Reserve in search of lions and leopards stalking their prey, giraffes and zebra browsing the acacia trees, and hippos and crocodiles lounging along the riverbanks. This safari was designed specifically for families with children of all ages. Every accommodation, activity, cultural interaction and wildlife experience has been carefully chosen to create a unique family safari.
What is a malaria-free safari? Many of our safaris visit wildlife reserves and national parks in Africa where malaria risk is present. This malaria-free safari visits a reserve where there is no chance of exposure to malaria, and as such, it is not necessary to take medication to prevent malaria.
Looking for a touch of luxury? Ask about upgrading to Marataba (about $1k more per adult and about $200 more per child).
|Low Season||From $5,095 per adult||From $1,995 per child|
|Mid Season||From $5,295 per adult||From $1,995 per child|
|High Season||From $5,995 per adult||From $2,495 per child|
Based on children 6 - 12 years old
Malaria Free Safari
Madikwe Game Reserve
Family Day in Winelands
Low: May - August
Mid (Better): February - April
High (Best): September - November
Day 1 - Arrive Cape Town
Arrive at Cape Town International Airport and transfer to your accommodation. Depending on your arrival time, the afternoon and evening are yours to explore nearby the hotel. Overnight at More Quarters.
- Day 2 - City and uThando Tours
- Day 3 - Sea Kayaking, Penguins and Cape Point
- Day 4 - Family Day in the Winelands
- Day 5 - Madikwe Game Reserve
- Days 6-8 - Madikwe Game Reserve
- Day 9 - Departure
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Madikwe Lelapa Ladge
Marataba Safari Lodge
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Private transfer from Johannesburg to Madikwe (ask about a flight to save the 4h drive)
- 8-nights accommodation
- All meals while on safari
- Local brand drinks at Madikwe
- Bed and breakfast only in Cape Town (except on Peninsula day)
- Game drives and walks
- All park fees, guide fees, government levies, conservation fees
- International airfare into Cape Town, South Africa and out of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Table Mountain Cable Car Tickets
- Premium wines and spirits
All prices based on 2 adults and 2 children sharing a family room. Child rates available for children 6-12 years of age sharing with 2 full-paying adults. For younger children, please call for rates.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!