The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
10 Day Private Camping Trek to Machu Picchu
On this private adventure in the Andes, you'll trek the legendary Inca trail over five days to the ancient city in the sky of Machu Picchu, arriving via the Inti Punku (Sun Gate). The footpaths and cobbled ways you'll walk on were handbuilt by the Incas over 500 years ago. Discover Quechua life in the Andes and explore Inca stone temples and monuments in Cusco, the Sacred Urubamba Valley and on this ancient pilgrimage to Machu Picchu.
Traverse breathtaking high alpine passes, enjoy lush valleys, wonder at the birdlife in the dense cloud forests, and cross over rushing rivers on stone and log footbridges. On your way to camp each day, you'll pass through ancient Andean settlements and each night, your team of porters and skilled cooks will have a delicious meal and comfortable camp awaiting your arrival. Comfort camping means a large tent, deluxe mattress on your own cot, a hot shower tent, a masseuse, and delicious cuisine along the way. Our camps are located away from the crowds and add an extra day to minimize overcrowding on this extremely popular route.
Before you trek, you'll enjoy a night in Cusco and one in the Sacred Valley, the heart of the Incan Empire. This region is an amazing place steeped in history, culture, and tradition and the perfect place to acclimate to the Andes before beginning your trek.
Perfect for families, couples, and friends alike, this is the private Peru and Machu Picchu trekking and camping adventure that you have always dreamed of.
|2 guests||From $6,995 per person|
|4 or more guests||From $5,250 per person|
Luxury upgrade to Hacienda Urubamba on days 3 & 4 for $285 per person.
2 Days at Machu Picchu
Sun Gate and Huayna Picchu
Moray and Maras
Sacred Valley and Cusco
High (Best): May - October
Mid (Okay): April and November
Classic, Family, Cultural, Active
Day 1 - Arrive Lima
Welcome to Peru! Arrive Lima and transfer to the Wyndham Airport Hotel located adjacent to the terminal.
- Day 2 - Arrive Cusco
- Day 3 - Sacred Valley
- Day 4 - Patacancha and Huilloc
- Day 5 - To Chamana via Llactapata
- Day 6 - Chamana to Llulluchapampa
- Day 7 - Llulluchapampa to Phuyupatamarca
- Day 8 - Phuyupatamarca to Machu Picchu
- Day 9 - Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu
- Day 10 - Sacred Valley or Cusco and Departure
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking (bilingual) naturalist guides
- Sleeping bag for the Inca Trail
- Private transfers and transportation
- 9-nights accommodation
- All meals days 5-8 prepared by a chef; Breakfast and lunch days 3, 4 and 9; Breakfast only days 2 & 10
- First aid kit and oxygen available during trek
- Masseuse on trek
- All park fees, government levies, conservation donation
- International airfare into and out of Cusco, Peru (via Lima)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Trekking poles (available for rent if desired)
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- COVID Tests - if needed guests will pay for these directly
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplement of $250 applies for solo travelers - call for details. Child rates available for children 11 years of age or younger sharing with 2 full-paying adults.
Luggage restrictions apply - see pre-departure info for details.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!