Sacred Lands of the Incas
8 Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Machu Picchu
This immersive itinerary highlights the very best that the Cusco region of Peru has to offer. The cornerstone of any itinerary here must include Machu Picchu, the most important archaeological monument in South America. With two days to explore the site, you'll have ample opportunity to inspect the intricate stonework and wonder at the splendor of this complex in the clouds.
Accompanied by our expert local guides who specialize in archaeology, history and Andean culture, you'll visit ancient Incan settlements and agricultural sites like Moray and Pisac. Ascend high above the Sacred Urubamba Valley to a remote Quechua village where locals still keep to the traditional way of life as they have for thousands of years. Your guides will help you understand what daily life is like here and you may even get to try your hand at weaving, farming or playing an Andean flute. Explore the fascinating markets of the Sacred Valley and Cusco where it's easy to find vibrant hand-woven and dyed textiles and warm alpaca-fleece sweaters.
This is the perfect itinerary for those who are not as keen on trekking in the Andes and you’ll stay in comfortable boutique hotels throughout. Use this as a suggestion for creating the perfect Andean adventure with extensions to the Amazon and Lake Titicaca also possible.
|2 guests||From $3,995 per person|
|4 guests or more||From $3,395 per person|
Sacred Valley and Pisac
2 Days at Machu Picchu
Maras and Moray
High (Best): May - October
Mid (Okay): April and November
Classic, Family, Cultural
Day 1 - Arrive Lima
Welcome to Peru! Arrive Lima and transfer to the Wyndham Airport Hotel located adjacent to the terminal.
- Day 2 - To Cusco and Sacred Valley
- Day 3 - Lamay Community Visit
- Day 4 - Moray and Maras
- Day 5 - Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu
- Day 6 - Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu
- Day 7 - Full day Cusco
- Day 8 - Departure
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Wyndham Costa Del Sol Lima
Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking (bilingual) naturalist guides
- Private transfers and transportation
- 7-nights accommodation
- Breakfast every day starting on day 2; Lunch on days 2-6; Dinner on day 5 only
- All park fees, government levies, conservation donation
- International airfare into Cusco, Peru (via Lima)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- COVID tests if needed
- Laundry (available throughout for a small fee)
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplement of $995 applies for solo travelers - call for details. Child rates available for children 11 years of age or younger sharing with 2 full-paying adults.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!