11 Days Living with the Maasai
and on Safari in Kenya
Our Maasailand Safari combines exceptional wildlife viewing opportunities in two of the best game parks in Kenya with a profound cross-cultural experience that will transform your perspective. We crafted this unique safari to provide truly authentic experiences that delve deep and provide uncommon access for interaction with the indigenous Maasai.
Based from community-built and managed guest bungalows in Merreushi village, explore the bush with Maasai warriors, share stories with elders, learn about wildlife conservation, women’s issues, rites of passage, traditional healing, music and dance. Spend time with your guides in Amboseli where Kilimanjaro is a backdrop to a savanna filled with giraffe, elephant and lions.
Head farther still to the Maasai Mara, where you'll experience Kenya's crown jewel wildlife reserve with huge lion prides, an abundance of plains game like eland and impala and the massive Great Migration of wildebeest and zebra that pass right through the heart of the wilderness area. Based from Emboo River, the leading eco-camp in Kenya, you'll enjoy game drives in the first electric safari vehicle in the Mara led by exceptional naturalist guides. The camp's commitment to sustainability and keeping a low ecological footprint is setting the standard for other safari camps in Kenya.
This trip is especially recommended for families, school groups or other individuals who seek experiential learning and cultural insights with local, indigenous peoples.
|Low Season||From $4,595 per person|
|Mid Season||From $5,195 per person|
|High Season||From $5,750 per person|
Maasai Village Eco-Camp
Maasai Mara National Reserve
Amboseli National Park
Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
Low: Mid February - May
Mid (Better): January - Mid February
June - Mid July
Mid October - Late December
High (Best): Mid July - Mid October
Late December - Early January
Family, Cultural, Wild!
Day 1 - Arrive Nairobi
Welcome to Kenya, East Africa's most cosmopolitan city! You'll be met on arrival and transferred to your hotel. Overnight at Eka Hotel.
- Day 2 - Giraffe Center, Elephant Orphanage, Fly to Amboseli
- Day 3 - To Merreushi Maasai Village
- Days 4-6 - Merreushi and Amboseli National Park
- Day 7 - Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Days 8-10 - Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Day 11 - Departure
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Maasai Simba Camp
Emboo River Camp
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Nairobi-Amboseli-Mara-Nairobi internal flights
- Shared camp activities
- 10-nights accommodation
- All meals at safari camps, breakfast only in Nairobi
- Local brand drinks at safari camps
- Game drives and walks
- Laundry at safari camps
- All park fees, government levies, guide fees and conservation levies
- International airfare into and out of Nairobi, Kenya
- Kenyan visa (must be acquired prior to arrival)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Premium wines and spirits
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplements apply for solo travelers - call for details. Child rates available for children 11 years of age or younger sharing with 2 full-paying adults - call for details.
Luggage restrictions apply - see pre-departure info for details.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!