Botswana Camping Safari
12 Days Through Botswana
and Victoria Falls
This classic, overland camping safari will traverse through some of the wildest reserves and parks of Botswana en route from Maun to Victoria Falls. Over 12 days, you’ll travel through the wildlife-rich Moremi Reserve in the Okavango Delta, the Khwai Community Reserve, the Chobe National Park and ending at the awe-inspiring and thundering cascade of Victoria Falls.
This is an immersive safari experience without pretense, led by exceptional naturalist guides. Nights are spent together around a campfire before retiring to comfortable mobile safari tents with en-suite bathrooms. You’ll feel like you have traveled back in time to an older era of Africa as you explore the wilds of Botswana’s Okavango region on night drives, mokoro canoe trips, bush walks, and game drives. Your adventure continues in the wildlife-rich Savute Channel and Chobe National Park enjoying meals cooked over the fire and toasting the endless skies above.
The maximum group size is seven, meaning that each departure is an intimate experience, with a window seat for everyone. Please ask about private departures which are possible for families or small groups.
|Low Season Scheduled Departure
|From $5,350 per person
|High Season Scheduled Departure
|From $6,795 per person
*Please inquire for departure dates. Private departures on custom dates also possible at additional cost. Note that this safari runs in both directions depending on dates: Maun to Livingstone and Livingstone to Maun.
Moremi Game Reserve
Chobe National Park
Low: April - June
November - December
High (Best): July - October
Classic, Family, Wild!
Day 1 - Arrive Maun and Fly to Moremi Reserve
After arriving at Maun Airport, you’ll be met and escorted through through customs to meet your bush pilot who will fly you over the Okavango Delta. This is a bird’s eye view of what is considered the crown-jewel of wildlife habitat in southern Africa and one of the largest wetland wildernesses in the world. Upon touchdown at a remote airstrip, you’ll meet your guide and head off for a game drive within the renowned Moremi Game Reserve to your mobile camp. The friendly, attentive camp staff will make you feel right at home and brief you on what to expect on your camping safari. The true wonder of a mobile camping experience unfolds as the sun sets and you enjoy a starlit dinner around the campfire. Welcome to Botswana! Overnight at our mobile camp in the Moremi Game Reserve.
- Day 2 - Moremi Game Reserve
- Days 3-5 - Okavango Delta - Khwai Reserve
- Days 6-8 - Savute Channel and Chobe National Park
- Days 9-10 - Chobe Riverfront
- Day 11 - Livingstone, Zambia
- Day 12 - Victoria Falls and Departure
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Mobile Tented Camp
Chundukwa River Lodge
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Maun-Delta or Delta-Maun internal flight
- Shared road transfers
- 11-nights accommodation
- Meals starting with Dinner Day 1 and ending with Breakfast Day 10
- Selected drinks (wine, beer, G&T, Coke, Coke Lite, fruit juice, bottled water) no other spirits
- Shared game drives, mokoro and walks
- Bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo and insect repellent – all eco friendly)
- All park fees, guide and camping fees, government levies and conservation fees
- International airfare into and out of Maun, Botswana or Livingstone, Zambia
- Zambian visa (obtained on arrival)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Spirits other than gin
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. No single supplement but number of singles is limited to 3 single tents per departure. Child rates available for children under 12 years of age on a private departure. No children under 12 on a scheduled departure.
Luggage restrictions apply - see pre-departure info for details.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!