Amazon, Cloud Forest and Andes
11 Days in Ecuador
Ecuador packs an amazing amount of adventure into such a small country. This means it is easy to get from place to place so you spend more time exploring than traveling between destinations. We suggest the following itinerary to experience the best of what Ecuador has to offer. This itinerary makes a perfect compliment to an itinerary that includes the Galapgos! Travel to one, two or all three of these regions to make for a memorable exploration of this South American country.
This intrepid itinerary explores each of the very best regions of Ecuador. Begin by flying into Ecuador's Amazon region where you'll head down the Rio Napo to a community-owned ecolodge in the heart of the rainforest. Climb an observation tower to get a birds-eye view over the canopy watching for toucans, macaws and primates playing in the foliage. With your expert, local naturalist guide you'll explore this special area by canoe on foot.
Head next to the Cloud Forest of the Choco where you have the chance to encounter hundreds of Ecuador's bird species. Based from one of the most luxurious lodges in all of Ecuador, this is a nature-lover's dream. On foot and even by gondola, you'll explore above and below the canopy while retiring to your luxurious sanctuary each night.
Journey into the volcanic Andean highlands outside of Otavalo to the verdant Zuleta Valley where you'll stay at a working hacienda that once belonged to the president of Ecuador. Built in the 17th century but still operating today, this Andean abode boasts antique rooms, delicious home-grown Andean cuisine and a wealth of activities to choose from. Visit mountain lakes and take in the expansive vistas, find hidden trails with centuries of history by foot or bike, see and learn about the endangered Andean condor at the conservation facilities or learn cooking and embroidery from a local.
From $7,995 per person. Discounts are available for children under 12.
Yasuni National Park
Choco Cloud Forest
Otovalo Zuleta Valley
Hacienda in the Andes
Less Rainy: July-November
Mid (ok): January-May
High (Best): June - December
Andes: Year round
Classic, Family, Cultural, Active, Wild!
Day 1 - Arrive Quito
Welcome to Ecuador! Arrive Mariscal Sucres International Airport and transfer to your accommodation. Overnight Illa Experience.
- Day 2 - Yasuni National Park - Amazon Rainforest
- Days 3-4 - Yasuni National Park - Amazon Rainforest
- Day 5 - Choco Cloud Forest
- Days 6-7 - Choco Cloud Forest
- Day 8 - Otovalo Zuleta Valley
- Days 9-10 - Otovalo Zuleta Valley
- Day 11 - Departure
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Illa Experience Hotel
Napo Wildlife Center
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Internal flight Quito-Coca-Quito; road transfers to all other destinations
- 10-nights accommodation
- Meals starting with Dinner Day 1 and ending with Breakfast Day 11
- Filtered water, tea and coffee at Napo; Non-alcoholic drinks at Mashpi and Zuleta
- All wildlife activities as specified
- All park fees, government levies, conservatoin donation
- International airfare into and out of Quito, Ecuador
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Soft drinks and alcoholic drinks at Napo, Mashpi and Zuleta
- Laundry available for a small fee at each accommodation
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplements apply for solo travelers - call for details. Child rates available for children 12 years of age or younger sharing with 2 full-paying adults. Luggage restrictions apply - see pre-departure info for details.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!